Friday, April 6, 2007

My Car Won't finish a Long Drive without a Puncture!

This time, on my way from Bangalore to Home at Thodupuzha, my car had two punctures. Puncture is not at all new to me and that has made me experienced in replacing the tyre like a formula one pit crew. I haven't checked the time yet, and if I do, I might beat professionals.

There was a time when it used to be nail punctures only. I still cant explain the reason why my car used to be so much in love with nails and debris on road. It doesn't listen to me when I say it's suicidal. I feel jealous when some of my friends say that they never had any puncture and some don't even know how to replace tyre.

This time leaving all those nailing stories behind, the tube just failed twice, not the same one of course. One failure took the tyre too with it to heaven. Good bye to that 'good year' soul. This isn't the first time i lose tyres. This, i think was the 4th time, if my memory is right. I have even lost count. All those were when Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch was at its utmost destructed state. Now we don't find much roads there. majority of the surface is Patch. It's a patch road now.

This road definitely will remain in the same condition for a long time, will always be a nightmare to me. Better you have a lorry to go ride this road.
Apart from protection from bad roads, a 'rule the road' feel is guaranteed.

No comments: